Download WAR STORIES WITH OLIVER NORTH: THE BATTLE OF MIDWAY
Jon Stewart, Elmo, Big Bird and David Alan Grier
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones with Elmo and The Count.
Shawn Colvin and Ernie
Elmopalooza is a one-hour TV special that aired on ABC on February 20, 1998.
Jon Stewart plans to host a music special to celebrate Sesame Street’s 30th anniversary. Jon and the show's crew, including producer Prairie Dawn, are in a dressing room getting ready for the show. Elmo visits them before the show starts and then leaves, shutting the door before Jon can tell him that the door is broken: it won't open once it's shut. Elmo decides to host the show, and the rest of the Sesame Street cast work behind-the-scenes, presenting music video remakes of classic Sesame Street songs.
Meanwhile, Grover drives Susan, Gordon, Gina, Bob, and Mr. Handford in a limo to the studio, but Grover gets lost and they end up in Roswell, New Mexico.
A soundtrack album was also released on cassette and CD, and the special was released on VHS two months after the special aired, on April 14th.
Major MuppetsElmo, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Zoe, Prairie Dawn, Bert, Ernie, Count von Count, Grover, Cookie Monster, Telly Monster, Slimey, Mr. Snuffleupagus, The Martians, Two-Headed Monster, Rosita, Biff, Kermit the Frog, Baby Bear, The Elephant, Sparky
Background MuppetsThe Oinker Sisters, Forgetful Jones, Herry Monster, Frazzle, Roxie Marie, Sully, Mama Bear, Papa Bear, Granny Bird, The Squirrelles, green Anything Muppet lady, Jill, Frogs, Honkers, Chickens, Penguins, Sheep
Sesame Street HumansSusan, Gordon, Bob, Mr. Handford, Gina, Luis, Maria, Ruthie
- Pam Arciero, Peter Linz, Noel MacNeal, Jim Martin, Alice Dinnean (Penguin), Bryant Young, John Tartaglia, Matt Vogel, John Kennedy, Stephanie D'Abruzzo (Frog), Eric Jacobson, Rick Lyon, Don Reardon, Julianne Buescher, Drew Massey, Kevin Carlson, Joe Selph, Brad Abrell
Also StarringRuth Buzzi, Emilio Delgado, Loretta Long, Sonia Manzano, Bob McGrath, Alison Bartlett O' Reilly, Roscoe Orman, David Langston Smyrl
Celebrity Guest StarsJon Stewart, David Alan Grier, The Fugees, Gloria Estefan, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, En Vogue, Richard Belzer, Shawn Colvin, Andy Richter, Chris Rock, Rosie O'Donnell, Kenny Loggins, Jimmy Buffett, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Conan O'Brien, Will Smith (archive footage), Jada Pinkett Smith (archive footage), Tony Bennett (archive footage), Madonna (archive footage)
- Executive Producer: Nancy Kanter
- Co-Executive Producer: Kevin Clash
- Produced by Karin Young Shiel
- Written by Tom J. Astle and Joey Mazzarino
- Directed by Tom Trbovich
- Puppet Captain: Kevin Clash
- Jim Henson's Muppet Workshop: Mark Zeszotek, Stephen Rotondaro, Lara MacLean, Karena Wienands, Carol Binion, Peter MacKeenan, Carol Yannuzzi, Naomi Eisenstadt, Jane Gootnick, Scott Johnson, Marian Keating
- Costume Designers: Bill Kellard, Terry Roberson
- Associate Director: Ted May
- Music Director: John Boylan
- Music Supervisor: Alan Silverman
- Additional Music: Gary Anderson, Steve Skinner
- Music Consultant: Chris Cerf
- Music Coordinator: Ed Mitchell
- Camera: Frank Biondo, Mark Whitman, Larry Solomon
- Audio: Blake Norton
- Locations courtesy of: Conan O'Brien, MTV Networks, Radio City Music Hall
- Taped at Sony Music Studios, NYC
- Special Thanks: Ben Campisi, Dana Coccara, Melissa Dino, Danny Epstein, Ted Gardner, Ellen Lewis Gideon, Ellen Goldfader, Ted Green, Eric Greenspan, Karen Ialacci, Nan Halperin, Andy Kadison, Majorie Kalins, Ann Kearns, Wendy Moss, Chuck Nankivell, Vicky Newman, Jodi Nussbaum, John Phillips, Renee Rachelle, Arlene Sherman, Deborah Strafella, Neil Sullivan, Daphne Walter, Alan Winnikoff
Music video credits
- "Just Happy to Be Me": Kevin Bray and Benita Husband, Satellite Films
- "Mambo, I, I, I": Mustapha Kahn and Rob Alter, Washington Square Films
- "Zig Zag Dance," "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" and "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend": Lionel C. Martin and Rae Permann, Raven Knite Productions
- "Caribbean Amphibian": Sally Cruikshank and Victor DiNapoli
- "One Small Voice": Mark Rowen and Julie Donatt, Stardust Productions
- ↑ The Amazon.com page lists the release date as April 14, 1998.
- ↑ Stephanie D'Aburzzo official resume
Start a Discussion Discussions about Elmopalooza
Kevin Clash cameo in Elmopalooza?
Scarecroe wrote: I do my best. It's doesn't matter, since it's only a 5 second or less time-frame. 2015-12-26T23:14:41Z